A urinary tract infection, also known as UTI, can affect both men and women (however, women are more susceptible to contracting UTIs).
This type of infection happens when bacteria enters the body via the urethra. When a urinary tract infection occurs, it can cause mild to severe pain.
If a urinary tract infection goes untreated, it can lead to an infection of the kidneys.
Signs of a UTI include:
- Back Pain
- Burning during urination
- Intense cramping after urination
- Frequent urges to urinate
- Nausea and
Fortunately, there are a few Folk Medicine Kitchen remedies that may work in certain individuals to prevent UTIs by eradicating the harmful bacteria that causes the urinary tract infection.
3 Folk Medicine Kitchen remedies for urinary tract infections include:
- Black Seed Oil (inhibits bacteria that can cause UTIs)
2. Cranberry Juice (component in cranberries may prevent bacterial adhesion to the urinary tract)
3. Garlic ( lowers bacterial counts in urinary tract).
Black seed oil, cranberry juice (the kind that has no added sugar or combined juices) and garlic have been proven to decrease certain bacteria in the urinary tract.
Incorporating these three folk medicine kitchen remedies in to your daily regimen is an inexpensive and healthier way to provide UTI prevention.